Archive for October, 2007

WordPress Update headaches – resolved???

October 25th, 2007 by Sjan Evardsson

I had a few headaches updating to WordPress 2.3. Not surprising since the category related tables were removed to make room for native tagging, and I have been relying on the Category Tagging plug-in. Ah well, after some hand sql work I was able to populate the tags to match the categories.

Now it can only get better, right? I have moved to using subversion to pull the latest stable release, so that takes a big chunk of time out of the equation, and now my tagging will happen at the time of posting, rather than being a pseudo-tag solution pulled from post categories. Or will it? I wonder if the tags tab in ScribeFire will do the trick?

We shall see.

The 3.0 version of the Google Sitemap generator seems to not be working, however, but I may have b0rked something there myself, and I will try again later.

Oh, and those sql statements?

If I remember correctly (I didn’t keep notes like I should have):

INSERT INTO wp_term_taxonomy (term_id, taxonomy, count) SELECT term_id, ‘post_tag’, count FROM wp_term_taxonomy WHERE taxonomy=’category’;

INSERT INTO wp_term_relationships (object_id, term_taxonomy_id) SELECT rel.object_id, tax.term_taxonomy_id FROM wp_term_relationships AS rel, wp_term_taxonomy AS tax, wp_term_taxonomy AS ttx WHERE rel.term_taxonomy_id=ttx.term_taxonomy_id AND ttx.term_id = tax.term_id AND tax.taxonomy=’post_tag’;

I could have brought the descriptions across from the categories, too, but I didn’t think about it until just now.

Edit: I found the issue with the site-map generator. It required a tweak to the memory limits in my php.ini :/